[Vision2020] Where were you . . .

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 02:12:17 PST 2013

I'm sorry for inadvertently hijacking your thread,  Tom. I didn't see where
it was heading, which I would have if I had been more mindful.

Again,  my apologies.

Kennedy's assassination had very little obvious influence on my life,  I
think because I was a post-Vietnam baby. I had grown up half-expecting to
die there,  and then suddenly I wasn't. And then Watergate happened,  and
the SLA kidnapped Patty Hearst, and Jimmy Carter tried to rescue the Iran
hostages,  and everything moved so fast that I blinked and I  was a married
man with children,  with the tabloids speculating about Big Foot and
Roswell,  and how many women Kennedy might have had sex with in the White
House. By the time I had a chance to think about Kennedy again,  the
details of his life had been lost in a big circus,  and that wasn't even
counting the conspiracy theories.