[Vision2020] Pat Condell -- Muslims must reject jihad

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Fri May 31 14:32:39 PDT 2013

On 5/29/2013 2:13 PM, Joe Campbell wrote:
> Is the issue a moral issue or a psychological issue or a practical issue?

I think the relationship here is conjunctive rather than disjunctive, so
all of the above.

> If I say "Christians should stop doing X" and it turns out that they
> can't or won't stop doing it, it doesn't follow that they shouldn't
> stop doing it. Ideological stubbornness is not an excuse.

Agreed.

> I love how the radical right can turn a vice into a virtue. They're
> not going to give up their beliefs, so they get to have them,
> unchallenged. We should just give up and learn to live with their
> complete irrationality.

Yeah, right.  We should take that course of non-action if we want to
forgo the benefits of the absence of some now-prevalent nonsense. Or we
might choose otherwise.

> But when it comes to the rest of the world, there is no need for such
> tolerance since the rest of the world has it all wrong.

Uh huh.  And why is it that the quality of life indices don't seem to
have home sweet home at the top of them?

> Unfortunately, this strategy has proved to be a political failure on
> the national level. Of course, there is always gerrymandering!

I continue to be intrigued by thoughts about voting system reforms, and
daunted by thoughts of the process of their adoption.

Earlier I sent a group of links about this topic.  Google their
presenter's name C. G. P. Grey to recover the links again.

Ken