[Vision2020] Pat Condell -- Muslims must reject jihad

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Fri May 31 14:08:51 PDT 2013

On 5/29/2013 1:26 PM, Ted Moffett wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Kenneth Marcy <kmmos1 at frontier.com
> <mailto:kmmos1 at frontier.com>> wrote:
>
> To the extent they wish to foist ideas lacking evidence for their
> existence or truth onto the public square and body politic, they are
> better advised that their delusions may be perceived as mental illness
> contagious to others, and therefore quarantined from public display
> and exposure.
> --------------------------------
> A quarantine from public display and exposure of "delusions" regarding
> religion is quite impossible, if including all media accessible to the
> public as public display and exposure.  See Direct TV list of
> religious channels at bottom. <[snipped]>

Thanks for the reminder.  I don't subscribe to cable TV, so the channel
guide is not in my scope of attention.  I think it is the case that
there is in the USA a growing recognition of non-theistic and agnostic
perspectives, and that they have substantive value in spite of
aspersions and pejoratives from those who disagree with, or are afraid
of, or simply cannot understand, their import.  That said, yes, there is
a substantial and continual barrage of detrimental,
anti-independent-thought rhetoric emerging from a variety of
organizations claiming religious purposes and privileges.

> Of course state or government expression of religion can be
> restricted, in government schools, et. al.  But the dollar bill says
> "In God We Trust" and the pledge of allegiance in public government
> schools, spoken by millions of children, still declares, despite court
> challenges, "One nation under God."

Those bills also read Federal Reserve Note, but that is another facet of
the power and control discussion.

> I regard this as state sponsored promotion of a specific religious
> viewpoint, monotheism, that lacks sufficient scientific evidence for
> the belief in such a "God" to be rationally defended.  Call it a
> delusion if you wish... But if it is, it means a majority of people in
> the US are delusional, to some extent.

Unfortunately true.

Ken