[Vision2020] Pat Condell -- Muslims must reject jihad

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed May 29 13:26:23 PDT 2013

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 12:00 PM, Kenneth Marcy <kmmos1 at frontier.com> wrote:

To the extent they wish to foist ideas lacking evidence for their existence
or truth onto the public square and body politic, they are better advised
that their delusions may be perceived as mental illness contagious to
others, and therefore quarantined from public display and exposure.
--------------------------------
A quarantine from public display and exposure of "delusions" regarding
religion is quite impossible, if including all media accessible to the
public as public display and exposure.  See Direct TV list of religious
channels at bottom.

Of course state or government expression of religion can be restricted, in
government schools, et. al.  But the dollar bill says "In God We Trust" and
the pledge of allegiance in public government schools, spoken by millions
of children, still declares, despite court challenges, "One nation under
God."

I regard this as state sponsored promotion of a specific religious
viewpoint, monotheism, that lacks sufficient scientific evidence for the
belief in such a "God" to be rationally defended.  Call it a delusion if
you wish... But if it is, it means a majority of people in the US are
delusional, to some extent.

Polytheism is another religious viewpoint, contradicting monotheism, yet
why does the dollar bill and the pledge of allegiance not declare "In God
or Gods We Trust" and "One nation under God or Gods?"

I discussed the court challenges to the pledge of allegiance wording with a
federal lawyer working for the Boise federal court, and he argued the "God"
of the pledge of allegiance is meant more generically, to include many
religions, as a defense that it is not an expression of government
sponsored state religion.  But I think this is a specious argument, given
it does not include Gaia worship, or polytheistic religions, or animal
worship, or a religion specifically declaring the supreme being to be
female in nature, thus a "Goddess," nor the views of agnostics or atheists,

Imagine the uproar if the pledge of allegiance wording were altered to
declare "One nation under the Goddess" or if Obama in his speeches declared
"And Goddess bless the United States of America!"  The certain resulting
uproar reveals the specific nature of the expression of a type of religion
by government, thus the fact this is state sponsored promotion of a
specific religious view, which excludes other religious views.

Info on a 2013 court challenge in Massachusetts regarding the "under God"
clause in the pledge of allegiance, citing 14th amendment grounds of equal
protection:

http://www.examiner.com/article/mass-supreme-court-will-hear-challenge-to-under-god-pledge

Below is the listing of Direct TV religion channels. Where is the list of
atheist, agnostic or humanist ideological channels?

http://www.edish.tv/ReligionDirectClass.htm

3ABNThree Angels Broadcasting Network

ANGEL1Angel One

ANGEL2ANGEL2
376CTNChristian Television <http://www.edish.tv/#> NetworkChoice 369DSTR
DaystarChoice 448ENLAEnlace Christian Television*Choice 370EWTNEWTNChoice
363GEBGolden Eagle Broadcasting*Choice 338GMCGospel Music ChannelChoice 365
GTVGod TV <http://www.edish.tv/#>Choice 368HopeHope ChannelChoice
364INSPInspirational
ChannelChoice
KTVKTV
378NRBNRBChoice 372TBNTrinity Broadcasting Network (TBN)Choice 371TCCThe
Church ChannelChoice 377TCTTCT NetworkChoice 367WHTWorld Harvest Television
Choice 373WORDThe Word

Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett