[Vision2020] Startpage: The World's Most Private Search Engine, Offers Startmail Mid 2013

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 19 14:25:43 PDT 2013

"The gist of those commentaries -- by different commentators -- was that the practice has been going on for awhile now, as part of the hit that civil liberties took from the Patriot Act (as Saundra notes) and no one said anything about it then."

I take exception to their comments.  I did say something when the Patriot Act was being debated.  I was always of the opinion that by signing the Patriot Act into law, we conceded a loss to the terrorists.  I stated many times that we shouldn't give up our civil liberties because of 9/11, and that our best response was "bring it on, motherf***ers!" rather than acting like a bunch of cowards.  I objected to Gitmo, waterboarding, extraordinary rendition, and all the others in the long list of  civil rights abuses, as I still do.

I can't help it if so many people wanted to hop on the revenge train and were willing to give up the high ground in order to do so.

Paul