[Vision2020] Startpage: The World's Most Private Search Engine, Offers Startmail Mid 2013

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 13:43:59 PDT 2013

There were some interesting commentaries on KRFP's Morning Mix this morning
(I do the Wednesday morning show), which made related points. The gist of
those commentaries -- by different commentators -- was that the practice
has been going on for awhile now, as part of the hit that civil liberties
took from the Patriot Act (as Saundra notes) and no one said anything about
it then. Plus, as Saundra also notes, there are other aspects of the PA
that are more disturbing. Lastly, Obama was pretty clear during the
election that he had no plans to end the NSA practice, only that he was
going to make it legal and regulated, with judges overseeing the program.
That is exactly what he did. I don't recall this debate coming up during
the election, which would have been a good time to have it.