[Vision2020] Why do we need immigration reform?

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 29 13:53:17 PDT 2013

<You are for a working slave class.>
How so?  If I'm not mistaken, Washington Apple growers pay apple pickers by the barrel.  This isn't slavery, they're being cash compensated for their output.  FWIW, I'm not in favor for a working 'slave class'.

<I don't want that in the United States, it is unconstitutional and immoral.>
It's not unconstitutional or this could be easily proven in our court system.  Is it immoral?  I guess the argument could be made for or against.  These folks are coming across the border in search of better opportunities than are available in their homeland, aren't they?  If so, then you could make the case that building a fence to lock them within their current situation that lacks opportunity is more immoral, couldn't you?

<I don't believe in working classes of people based on race, or nation of origin.>
Nor do I so I don't think should be asked on application forms other than as 'optional' information to be used for statistical data.

<I think the US should come up with a clear, fair, and realistic path to citizenship.>
I believe we have this already.  For the most part it goes visa to green card to citizenship through the USCIS.  The system probably is not set up yet to handle those who enter the country illegally.  I supposed that's what all the bellyaching from both parties and maybe the UFW is all about.

<"But I also don't see those engaging in 'hard labor' as pushing for 'livible wages' or the right to vote." You must have your eyes closed then.>
This is why I wrote 'Why do we need immigration reform?' in the subject block.  I'm interested in 'opening my eyes' to what exactly the problems are from all sides of what is now not working for businesses, permanent residents, legal guests, illegal aliens, political parties, etc., and what the effects by any change that are being proposed.

If you have any links you could forward, these would be much appreciated.  However, based on what you've written so far, you don't seem to know much about the subject yourself.

-Scott