[Vision2020] Dorner and Gun Control

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 22:02:18 PST 2013

I'm watching the Dorner episode unfold and reading the V2020 posts, and it
is pretty clear no one knows what is happening at this point. Is he dead?
Not clear now, according to CNN.

Keep in mind that this one man with a few guns worked skilled, trained
police officers into a frenzy. How many innocent victims were shot? I don't
remember.

But what I do know is that skilled, trained police officers with guns are a
menace -- under the right unfortunate circumstances. People blame the cops
but what would you do? How would you react to a situation in which you were
a target? I'm guessing, not very well. Me either.

And you say guns are safe? If they are in the right hands? What hands are
those? Not the LA police.

Guns are always a risk. That's why gun control is worthy of consideration.
Even skilled, trained police officers can be a menace if the circumstances
are unforgiving.