[Vision2020] Senate Bill S1854

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 19 12:57:02 PST 2013

So, no one should move loads that are large on our roadways, ever?  If a person has a 467-foot long, 800-ton widget and they need to transport it from location A to location B, and locations A and B don't happen to be large port cities on accessible bodies of water, then what other choice do they have?  Dirigibles?

I'm just trying to figure out what has got you so worked up about this shipment.  Is it the traffic delays?  Possible damage to our roadways?  Are you worried their engineers have miscalculated the strength of the bridge or the amount of room needed to make that corner?

Paul