[Vision2020] Fw: Fundraiser for John Crock's Medical Bills (please forward widely!!!)

deb debismith at moscow.com
Thu Aug 22 06:28:37 PDT 2013

Subject: Fundraiser for John Crock's Medical Bills (please forward
widely!!!)

Social and movie night at the Kenworthy, September 5, 2013

6:00-9:00pm Donations and cash bar proceeds to the John Crock Fund
6:00pm - Social hour (cash bar provided by The Wine Company)
7:00pm - Outdoor movies: In the High Country Summits of My Life
8:30pm - Moscow Mountain Madness info meeting ----trail running race to be
held on September 8

John Crock started Hyperspud - Moscow's outstanding outdoor gear store--over
20 years ago. Since 1989, he and his team have sold quality sports
equipment, clothing and footwear at very reasonable prices. What John has
never sold is his expertise and advice - he's given that away for free. His
extensive knowledge of backpacking, climbing, skiing, snow shoeing and
hiking (and hanggliding!) enables him to fit each customer with the perfect
gear. As a long time resident, John knows all the best places to ski,
backpack, hike and climb.
Several months ago, John was diagnosed with phase three melanoma - a very
aggressive form of skin cancer. John has endured numerous surgical
procedures, chemotherapy and related tests since then. As is the case all
too often, his medical insurance covered only a portion of his expenses.
Bottom line: John has some extensive medical bills. The good news: he's
currently cancer-free!

After much arm-twisting, John finally agreed to allow a fundraising
campaign. He's given so much to our community - time, knowledge and
merchandise - supporting people, races, events, explorations, local
businesses, etc.

If you can't make it to the event, please consider making a donation to the
John Crock Donation Account at a Sterling Bank in Moscow or Pullman.

Or donate skills or stuff to the silent auction we'll be organizing....

Thank you so very much!
Questions/Silent Auction Donations:
Contact alidabockino at moscow.com