[Vision2020] WSJ - Startups Unable to Compete With Tech Giants For H-1B Talent

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 22 14:55:00 PDT 2013

Unfortunately might does make right.  I just brought up the subject because 'immigration reform' doesn't address the exploitation of skilled laborers.  Why is there no push to offer citizenship to the best and brightest innovators in the world that are working in the United States?  Instead they're only offered H1-B Visas and are held at the mercy of their sponsor employers and undercompensated due to the restrictions put upon them from moving to different employers and outright prohibition on them from starting their own companies that could potentially create enormous amounts of jobs..  I guess this just continues the long unrich tradition of the United States bringing in below market foreign workers.

-Scott