[Vision2020] Fwd: Path to Citizenship

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 17 20:46:54 PDT 2013

I can easily show my ancestors immigration papers.  They went through the proper channels.  They came through legal border crossings.  The filed legal paperwork.  They were granted legal United States citizenship.  We have MANY paths to legal citizenship in the United States.  We have MANY people here legally who are documented through Visa, Green Cards, Birth Certificates, etc.

And then we have a bunch of people who are US soil who so called 'undocumented workers'.  If that's a problem, then solution would be to offer them a piece of paper to fill out (or have them fill out an online application) so that they then can receive a piece of plastic with some writing, raised numbers & letters, and magnetic strip on it that allows them to be 'card carrying documented workers' and then they can take it from there to get Green Cards and Citizenship.

It won't happen.  It won't happen because the United States has become awash with people who are too dysfunctional to follow basic tried and true rules of our system that have worked for told and untold millions upon millions upon millions of immigrants who have come to this country from all of the world and have received US Citizenship.

It won't happen because it's just political football to kick around to get votes but to never actually make any changes that would solve any 'perceived' problems.

It won't happen because there are many markets in the United States for slave laborers and there are many slave laborers more than willing to work for peanuts to carry out that slave work.

It won't happen because many of the so called 'undocumented workers' want no part of being 'documented'.

Paths to Citizenship are already available for just about anyone actually wants to get up off of their asses and walk down any of those paths.  And if they don't want to get up of of their asses, then they shouldn't be forced to do so in my humble opinion.

-Scott