[Vision2020] Question, V-Peeps . . .

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Wed Oct 31 10:47:12 PDT 2012

It really is quite simple!

Does the city code apply to the city council or not?

As reflected below, the State Attorney General is willing to go along with the city's decision (based upon guidance by the City Attorney), whatever it may be.

Yet, the City Attorney ignores the issue.

BRING IT PUBLICLY BEFORE A CITY COUNCIL SESSION AND DISCUSS IT ON THE RECORD, OTHERWISE IT WREAKS OF A COVERUP . . . kinda like how the city council granted itself a monthly cell phone stipend (more on that later).

Seeya at the polls, Moscow, because . . .

"Moscow Cares"
http://www.MoscowCares.com

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)

On Oct 31, 2012, at 10:27 AM, Lee Rozen <lrozen at dnews.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> It is the attorney general's policy to only provide legal assistance pertaining to city government if requested by the city attorney, said Kriss Bivens Cloyd, AG spokeswoman.
>
> "At this point, the city attorney hasn't asked us for legal guidance," she said.
>
> Chaney said Brown "has shown through his lifetime that he's a committed member of the community."
>
> "I felt an obligation as a representative of the city to at least make sure we were not confining this to an internal evaluation if higher oversight was warranted," she said, adding at this time she doesn't believe further action will be taken.
>
> She added Kane spoke to her on the phone, and expressed confidence in Fife's research and determination.
>
> Carscallen said he was confident Brown would be found eligible for service, and agreed to co-sign the letter to the AG's office to settle the matter.
>
> "I don't think (Brown) was trying to hide anything. He's basically said what he's going to do," Carscallen said. "Anybody who thinks Tim Brown doesn't care about Moscow, they've got rocks in their head."
>
> Brown said Friday he is optimistic the issue is resolved, and admitted acquiring a Washington license and registration before his term expired was a bad idea.
>
> "My intent through this whole thing was not to move to Spokane until my term was over," he said. "My intent was to be a little proactive and get ahead of the curve and that aggressiveness ... I guess kind of came back and bit me on my tush. ... I'm optimistic that we've seen the worst of it, if it was bad at all."
>
> Brown said he understand's Chaney's position, and does not hold any animosity against her.
>
> "She's the mayor of the city and that's her job, or at least she thinks it's her job, so she's certainly entitled to that prerogative. I do not begrudge her doing her job," he said.

> On 10/30/2012 5:25 PM, Joe Campbell wrote:
>> He's still a councilman! Is your point that three times is the limit for this issue? Seems like an issue until (a) he is no longer on council or (b) he moves back to Moscow.
>>
>> Thanks for the references though! Joe
>>
>> On Oct 30, 2012, at 11:49 AM, Lee Rozen <lrozen at dnews.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Kind of old news, Mr. Hansen.
>>>
>>> OUR VIEWCan Tim Brown keep his focus for 18 months?
>>> http://dnews.com/opinion/article_ac38f75d-dddb-50ca-8769-f96377fcc6c7.html
>>>
>>> AG's office declines to investigate Brown
>>> Moscow mayor, council president sought opinion about councilor's eligibility to serve
>>> http://dnews.com/local/article_41f0c600-08c6-5edc-81e2-6863311c006d.html
>>>
>>> Brown calls residency allegations false
>>> City councilor owns homes in Spokane, Coeur d'Alene; says he spends most time in Moscow
>>> http://dnews.com/local/article_bb80ab84-3dbf-5b89-b6d4-aad7be8b7a81.html
>>>
>>> Lee Rozen
>>> Managing Editor
>>> -Moscow-Pullman Daily News, dnews.com, facebook.com/palousenews
>>> -360, inland360.com, facebook.com/inland360

>>> Re: [Vision2020] Question, V-Peeps . . .