[Vision2020] My Take: Hard truths matter; I’m Mormon, and I’m voting for Obama

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:47:20 PDT 2012

My Take: Hard truths matter; I’m Mormon, and I’m voting for
Obama<http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/18/my-take-hard-truths-matter-im-mormon-and-im-voting-for-obama/>

*Editor's Note: Joanna Brooks is a senior correspondent for
ReligionDispatches.org and author of "The Book of Mormon Girl: A Memoir of
an American Faith." <http://joannabrooks.org/>*

By *Joanna Brooks*, Special to CNN

*(CNN)–*There are two moments and two moments only that made my soul sit
upright during Tuesday night’s presidential debate:

President Obama, speaking about the loss of manufacturing jobs to low-wage
economies like China: “There are some jobs that are not coming back.”

Obama, speaking about four lives lost in the attack on the U.S. consulate