[Vision2020] Worse than Bush authorizing torture

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 18:42:06 PDT 2012

I'm glad Leonard Pitts addressed this in his column in today's Trib.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/13/2691941/where-is-the-outrage-against-obamas.html

The voices that spoke up against Bush when he authorized torture are largely silent, with a few exceptions. Glenn Greenwald has been consistent.

This is our government murdering US citizens overseas; since it's not supported by any  legal rationale, there's no reason they can't claim they can do it here also:

"FBI Director Robert Mueller on Wednesday said he would have to go
back and check with the Department of Justice whether Attorney General
Eric Holder’s “[criteria] for the targeted killing of Americans also
applied to Americans inside the U.S.
***
“I have to go back. Uh, I’m not certain whether that was addressed or
  not,” Mueller said when asked by Rep. Tom Graves, R-Ga..."
I used to say that W was acting like a king with no restraint on his power. He's got company now, and Obama's doing even worse.

There's some change for us!
Sunil