[Vision2020] Moscow, Pennsylvana

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Sun Mar 4 11:12:50 PST 2012

It seems a fairly common custom to name towns along certain themes in a given region. We have Harvard and Princeton nearby, for example. I lived in Lexington, KY, whose surrounding towns included Paris and Versailles. By the way, if you travel there, remember to pronounce the latter city as ‘Vur- SAILS’. Louisville must be pronounced roughly as ‘LOO-vull’. And by the way, Athens is ‘AY-thuns’, and-- my favorite Kentucky pronunciation of them all-- for the town of Egypt, pronounce it thusly:   ‘EGG-Wiped.’

Bob Dickow, troublemaker

From: vision2020-bounces at moscow.com [mailto:vision2020-bounces at moscow.com] On Behalf Of Donovan Arnold
<snip>

In addition, Moscow, PA is near a Berlin, PA, Rome, PA, and numerous other towns and cities named after large European cities. Another coincidence! I think not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin,_PA

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome,_PA

 <snip>