[Vision2020] Moscow, Pennsylvana

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 4 09:39:42 PST 2012

Hr. Hansen,

You also seem to have Cold Waristis. The mental condition that makes residents of Moscow reinvent the origins of their town's name because of the Cold War with Moscow, Russia and not wanting to be called a Communist.

It is obvious Moscow, ID was named after Moscow, Russia.

You're incorrect on so many counts, because you aren't staying up with the conversation or all the documented facts. Moscow, ID was named after Moscow, PA, which was named after Moscow, Russia. Thus Moscow, ID was named after Moscow, Russia, as well.

http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genInfo.php?locIndex=14481

Samuel Neff, the Moscow Postmaster in 1875 when the name was chosen , was born in Moscow, PA. Coincidence, I think not. Mr. Neff later lived  in Moscow, IA, where he was also as a Postmaster, coincidence again, I think not.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow,_Idaho

In addition, Moscow, PA is near a Berlin, PA, Rome, PA, and numerous other towns and cities named after large European cities. Another coincidence! I think not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berlin,_PA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rome,_PA

You are also wrong again on the meaning. There is no where on the planet Earth, where Moscow means "City of Brotherly Love" in any language, at any time. This is Philadelphia , PA nickname, because it means "Brotherly" in Greek. It was chosen by William  Penn Jr. The son in which the territory Pennsylvania  (Penn's Forrest") was selected by British Royalties . As a side note, Moscow wasn't even a city in 1875, it was a town, a distinction  well noted in 1875. 's

http://www.helium.com/knowledge/158378-city-of-brotherly-love-how-philadelphia-got-its-nickname

Moscow. Russia, was named after the Moscow River in abt. 1154, from which the banks of the river the city was formed. Postmaster Neff chose it because that was where he was born, just as he chose Moscow, IA.

The only reason the facts are ignored is because we were at war with Moscow, Russia for the better part of two  generations . The history of Moscow was well known before that time had you have talked to people that were adults before the Cold War.

Moscow was and is a well known city, one of the greatest and most respected in the world in 1875, and certainly known by people in Moscow, ID in 1875 when it was named. If, Moscow, ID was for certain not taken from Moscow, Russia, but another source, they would have made that known to everyone beyond any uncertainly. Further, they most likely would have changed its spelling in the least.

Moscow, ID was named after Moscow, Russia. And it is as obvious to the educated mind as the streets of Washington, Jefferson, and Adams were named after the former Presidents.

Donovan Arnold