[Vision2020] Case No. CV-2011-1234 (Germer Const., Inc. v. Greensides Inc, Wilson, Gray, and Hoffman)

Saundra Lund v2020 at ssl1.fastmail.fm
Sun Jun 24 13:34:02 PDT 2012

Like Paul, I'm not an attorney, nor have I ever played one on TV <g>, but my
reading of the complaint is a little different than is his.

Paul wrote:

"Greensides was not setup correctly as a corporation that they can try to
get the money they allege is owed to them directly from Doug and the two
other defendants and apparently 5 "John Does" which are presumably other
Greensides Inc board members."

Actually, I think that part of the complaint pertains to unjust personal
enrichment in addition to some failure to properly incorporate Greensides,
Inc.  Certain defendants apparently took positive action to have their homes
included in the subdivision and received personal gain/benefits from the
work Germer did.

Now, which defendants those are and what personal benefit those defendants
gained is difficult to tell because where's the contract?  It's referenced
in the Complaint as an attached exhibit, but it doesn't seem to be included
in the Complaint Tom has posted.

This whole thing is confusing to me.  I definitely am not up on the
complexities of subdivision development, but it seems to me US Bank financed
at least some part of Greensides because I remember seeing their sign out
there for a very long time.

Anyway, what happened to all that money?  Did they just hand the lump sum
over to Greensides, Inc.?  Isn't that kind of money typically doled out to
the borrower/developer as expenses are incurred?  And, if that's the case,
what happened to that money if it wasn't used to pay companies like Germer
Construction?

But, as long as we're on the topic of Greensides, this certainly isn't the
first time those associated with the development have tried to skip out on
paying what's owed.  As I recall, several liens were placed on the initial
two new units constructed because local businesses weren't paid for their
work, and Design Craft Homes, LLC  doesn't pay its debts, either.

There certainly seems to have been more than the normal amount of smoke &
mirrors involved with the Greensides development!

It will be interesting to see how this case plays out.  I'm surprised a case
of this magnitude hasn't been covered by the local press, but then again,
perhaps the Moscow-Pullman Daily News is a little embarrassed that they
wrote an extensive front page article about Mike Hoffman basically
presenting him as the best thing to happen to Moscow development since the
arrival of sliced bread.  Oops.

Saundra

Moscow, ID

I distrust those who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice
it always coincides with their own desires.

~ Susan B. Anthony