[Vision2020] Case No. CV-2011-1234 (Germer Const., Inc. v. Greensides Inc, Wilson, Gray, and Hoffman)

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 15:34:10 PDT 2012

Saundra hits on some of the big mysteries/questions in this case (not a
small one with at least about $546,000 allegedly owing as of today, and
growing at the rate of about $323 per day).

Allegedly a loan of an alleged $2,000,000 was allegedly negotiated by loan
officer Craig Knott of U.S. Bank for the development of Greensides.
Questions:  Why wasn't Germer paid from the proceeds of that loan?  Did the
bank pay the proceeds of the loan directly to the corporation instead of
paying it to directly to the contractors upon approval by the corporation
as is the usual case?  Looking at the development, how could they have
spent $2,000,000 on what has been done?

The complaint alleges unjust [personal] enrichment by Douglas Wilson of
Christ Church, and his number one boy, Matt Gray, both residents of
Greensides.  This means that corporate funds were allegedly used to enrich
Wilson and Gray either by services rendered or directly.  If so, that
raises two issues:

 Were those corporate funds/debt incurment used reimbursed to the
corporation by Wilson and Gray?

If not:

1.  Then possible theft/fraud from the corporation has occurred, thus
rendering shareholder immunity from corporate debt/liability null and void
for Wilson and Gray, and

2.  If the alleged enrichment was not reported on Wilson and/or Gray's tax
returns, then that is concealing income.  If anyone is found to have
concealed income, the the IRS may audit many years into the past beyond the
normal three or four years.  I've seen this happen, and the results are not
pretty for the misreporter.  Such audits are aggressive and deeply probing.

Not much has happened in the case lately.  Perhaps the attorneys are
working it out.  But if not, during the discovery phase of the case, I am
sure there will be a most meticulous and demanding probe of all corporate
transactions and the associated money trails among other things.

I live in rural Latah County so I seldom am around the morning/afternoon
coffee klatches that occur particularly among local business persons, but
news of some discussions reaches me through some of the participants.
Business persons are usually very guarded in discussing in public Douglas
Wilson/Christ Church et al because of fear of reprisal (e.g. like one that
happened when a local vendor signed a petition supporting human rights).
But after the Germer complaint was filed, there has been more public
freewheeling discussion.  An alleged half million dollar deadbeat
understandably sends shock waves through the local business and financial
communities.

That said, what the discussion amount to could be said this way:  If you
had bought stock in Douglas Wilson' credibility, integrity, and fiscal
responsibility late last year, and then sold it today, you would probably
take a hell of a loss.

Business persons rightly abhor deadbeats.  The enterprise system doesn't
work unless customers/clients pay for goods and services rendered.  Which
may make some business persons now quite wary to do business with Douglas
Wilson and/or his associated enterprises on much credit -- one can hardly
blame them:  there appears to be at least a half million good reasons.

If Wilson/Gray/Greensides et al have other unsettled debts, especially
debts due private lenders, then more trouble may loom.  Some private
lenders prefer to use other means, antithetical to legal ones, to enforce
collection, and such means are not pleasant.  It would behoove debtors to
these kind of private lenders to promptly pay their debts or to carry very
good health insurance.

w.

--

Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)