[Vision2020] Same sex marriage

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:52:20 PDT 2012

Good post. I'm sorry but I'm in a "philosophical" mood, so I've got to
challenge everything.

Is there anyone who thinks that "churches should be forced to perform
same sex weddings against their beliefs"? Suppose you want to get
married by a Catholic priest. I image that one might accommodate you.
But does that force anything upon the Catholic Church?

As I said, I have performed marriages and I'm willing to do it again
(just contact me if you're interested). And if you'd like a religious
ceremony, I can accommodate. But I'd hate to think that by doing so,
I'd be forcing any particular church to do anything; I'd hate to think
that my actions had anything to do with any particular church at all,
even the church of which I am (through my online degree) a minister.
Joe