[Vision2020] Same sex marriage

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 17 22:38:10 PDT 2012

Thanks for the response anyway Paul - I was really hoping you could just try your best to take the indefensible side of keeping same sex marriage bans in place.  I've racked my brain trying to think of even a single solitary - even a stretch - of a reason to continue denying same sex couples and families with same sex parents equal rights / benefits / protections of married couples and I continue to just come up blank so I'm disappointed that no one could step forward and enlighten me.

In short, can anyone explain why same couples don't deserve to be as equally miserable as married couples?  Also, for folks who are bent out of shape about homo sex, the best way to get people to completely stop having sex would be to encourage them to get married.  Thus, same sex marriage is a win for everyone although I don't believe that churches should be forced to perform same sex weddings against their beliefs.

-Scott