[Vision2020] The Animal Farmer's Market --Proposed Market Policies

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 13:18:30 PST 2012

Saundra,

The gist of your argument is that the problems are caused by irresponsible
dog owners.  I don't go Farmer's Market as much as I used to, but when I've
been there, I've seen very little dog problems and a great deal of
enjoyment of the dogs. I agree that the problems I've seen have been caused
by clueless or inconsiderate dog owners.

If that is the case, why punish/deprive the responsible owner and those who
enjoy seeing and interacting with the dogs?

Regulations can be crafted to identify the irresponsible parties and to
take corrective action; if corrective actions fail, 86 their particular
dogs from the market.  If owners don't pick up their dog shit, 86 the
owners while with their dogs from the market also.

School teachers sometimes punish everyone a the class for the wrong doing
of some known or unknown child.  I have always found this unjust and
unjustifiable.  Punish the guilty, not the innocent.  Recent discussions
about Farmer's market suggest that the city is heading for over/poorly
designed regulation/changes, a sure way to emasculate a thriving, healthy,
beneficial community activity.

w.

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)