[Vision2020] "Mitt Visits Foreign Lands" (Calvin Trillin, Deadline Poet)

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Aug 13 17:23:16 PDT 2012

"Mitt Visits Foreign Lands"
(And not to hide money)

By Calvin Trillin, Deadline Poet

The Mittster, while taking a three-nation swing,
Showed talent for saying the very wrong thing.
He teed off our English friends lickety-split;
The tabloids in London town called him a twit.
Apparently having no motives ulterior,
He seemed to be calling the Arabs inferior.
In English and Arabic venom Mitt bathed.
’Twas only in Poland he came out unscathed.
His trip, meant to show foreign-policy cred,
Because of Mitt’s gaffes was a model instead
Of what not to say when abroad one doth roam.
So here’s the consensus: he should have stayed home.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)