[Vision2020] In all this excitment, I can't remember if I fired 5 shots or 6 - do you feel lucky?

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 13:53:39 PDT 2012

With all the talk about conceal carry, I guess we've all been too distracted to talk about Romney's running mate Paul Ryan.  I don't think it's a lucky pick for the GOP.  OK - they'll solidify the base, but how important is that?  The base is perpetually foaming at the mouth and as usual will come out in numbers to vote against the Democrats to stave off the hell & high water and to carry out their 'Christian' duty to oppress and be cruel to same gender couples and their kids.  Me personally, I think a better strategy would be to campaign as a right wing wacko in the primaries, but then to appeal to the moderates in the general election.  I think it would have been better to pick a token minority like Marco Rubio to try and least pretend to give the appearance that the Republicans have a bigger tent than just for the angry white males.

-Scott