[Vision2020] Paul Ryan Cracks Joke As 71 Year-Old Citizen Is Forced To The Ground

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Aug 12 11:40:37 PDT 2012

Courtesy of Current at:

 http://current.com/community/93870521_this-is-what-happened-to-a-71-year-old-man-who-dared-to-disagree-with-paul-ryans-lies.htm

-------------------------------------

This is what Happened to a 71-year-old Man Who Dared to Disagree with Paul Ryan's Lies!

Paul Ryan shows his enormous compassion by laughing, and then 'hoping' the guy who has been paying in to these entitlement programs for 50 years is taking his blood pressure medication -- as the police wrestle the elderly man to the ground. I don't suppose Ryan gave any thought to how this senior citizen was going to continue to pay for his blood pressure medicine. Paul Ryan was himself the recipient of social security death benefits, but I guess it's never a bad thing when a Congressman is the recipient of a benefit.

The 71-year-old retired plumber from Kenosha was thrown to the ground, placed in handcuffs, and arrested for trespassing and resisting arrest after objecting to Ryan's plans to gut Social Security and Medicare during his congressman's only public appearance scheduled during the August recess -- a $15 Rotary Club luncheon in West Allis on Tuesday.

The elderly man repeatedly told police that he wasn't fighting them and that he didn't want to make any trouble. He also told them several times that he had a broken shoulder. Police officers ignored his comments as they wrestled him to the ground despite his howls of pain.

---------------

Video
(w/transcript)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBhdXfCdaA8

Ryan: “Most of our debt in the future comes from our entitlement programs.”

Senior citizen: “Hey, (Garbled; Ryan continues to speak). I paid into that for 50 years, my unemployment and my Social Security and my Medicare, and now you’re gonna…” At this point you hear the police who are dragging him out shouting, “on the ground, on the ground”.

Ryan then jokes, “I hope he’s taken his blood-pressure medication”, and the room laughs with him.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"We're a town of about 23,000 with 10,000 college students.  The college students are not very active in local elections (thank goodness!)."

- Dale Courtney (March 28, 2007)