[Vision2020] [more] Look See What Tri-State is Promoting . . .

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:23:40 PDT 2012

I think conceal carry is like a double edged sword.  It'll help in some cases and it'll have tragic consequences in others.  I remember quite a number of years ago (20+ maybe) where a pregnant woman was shot in the head by a disabled veteran while she was in the process of robbing him on the streets of Oakland, CA.  It was a huge controversy on so many different levels including the one where an Oakland hospital spent hundreds of thousands of dollars - that they could have otherwise donated to vaccinate hundreds of children - in keeping the brain dead woman alive until her fetus was developed enough to where it could be removed by c-section and she could be unplugged and left to die on the operating table.  If I recall correctly, the disabled vet never faced any formal charges even though he did not have a legal carry permit.

-Scott