[Vision2020] Bees

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Sep 6 10:14:10 PDT 2011

Yesterday I was clearing out some dead bushes and trees from the bank behind the house. I ran in to a nest of yellow jackets.By the time I made it to the house I had about 12 to 13 stings. Six or so came in the house with me. I had a few more stings before I killed them. I stayed inside for awhile and watched out the window. The air was full of them. My right eye is still about half closed. I do not remember yellow jacket stings bothering me that much. These must be some hybrid version.
I am not sure where their nest is, so I am done with that project until it gets cold or until next year.
Roger