[Vision2020] [Spam 3.01] Re: WSJ: From College Major to Career

Moscow Cares moscowcares at moscow.com
Wed Nov 9 08:24:44 PST 2011

I'm thinkin' that General Studies is a major for those students who haven't quite yet decided which discipline to pursue.

Many students, some as late as their junior year, have not yet made this important decision.

The General Studies Masters Program may be just the ticket for those students who want to pursue graduate studies, but they simply have not yet decided the field in which to pursue it.

For those students, I suggest that the University of Idaho offer the following degrees with the respective standards shown . . .

Bachelor of General Studies (BGS) - Knows a little about everything.

Masters of General Studies (MGS) - Knows a whole bunch about everything.

Doctorate of General Studies (PhDGS) - Knows everything about everything.

If this works out, I am thinking of approaching the law college with this concept.

Hmmm.

Seeya round town, Moscow.