[Vision2020] [Spam 3.01] Re: WSJ: From College Major to Career

Robert Dickow dickow at turbonet.com
Wed Nov 9 07:57:30 PST 2011

General Studies degrees are excellent preparations for fields such as Manpower Waiting List Candidate, Odd Jobs Consultant, and Professor of General Studies at many colleges and universities. But, more seriously, we should remember that a fairly small percentage (used to be 25%) of people's undergraduate degrees correlate directly with their eventual employment or career, so General Studies is a perfectly viable course of study for people who want to get an overview of subject areas, or--in the case of a Masters degree in the subject-- its pedagogy and administration (egad... did I suggest administration??!).

Bob Dickow, troublemaker

UI offers a masters degree in general studies.

Question:  Huh?

In what field would uh a degree prove beneficial?

Seeya round town, Moscow.