[Vision2020] [Spam 3.01] Re: WSJ: From College Major to Career

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Thu Nov 10 09:48:40 PST 2011

On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 08:24:44 AM Moscow Cares wrote:
> I'm thinkin' that General Studies is a major for those students who haven't
> quite yet decided which discipline to pursue.
>
> Many students, some as late as their junior year, have not yet made this
> important decision.
>
> The General Studies Masters Program may be just the ticket for those
> students who want to pursue graduate studies, but they simply have not yet
> decided the field in which to pursue it.
<[snip]>

Another reason for a general studies graduate program may be that some people
prefer to select courses on the qualities of their instructors' characters
rather than the content of their curriculum. Many routes exist to meaningful
education, and not all of them go through curriculum committees or catalog
listings.

Ken