[Vision2020] Fwd: Breaking news from lmtribune.com

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sat May 14 21:22:16 PDT 2011

Paul,

I am a med assist, cert. CNA, first responder, and CPR certified. I am required by law to render assistance within my very limited scope and training unless there is already help there or I cannot help without putting my own life in jeopardy.

My CPR and first aid trainer, stated I am required to assist if there is nobody else.
I would image that is true for all other medically trained people.

I would image someone could try to sue if they were injured by a rescue effort of a bystander, but I am sure most judges and juries would throw it out except in extreme cases, like helping when it really was not needed, or someone being careless and reckless.

I could not image someone not willing to try and help someone dying if they could.

Donovan Arnold