[Vision2020] Shooting Wolves

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Wed May 4 10:53:09 PDT 2011

I am not a hunter. I would rather do my hunting with a camara. We have a lot of quail and pheasants runing around  our yard. I do not want anyone shooting them. We have enjoyed a cottontail in our yard all winter, there are  now two of them. On this beautiful day there is a bunch of orioles here. I enjoy the wildlife. Where I was raised in Owyhee County the hunters spent most of their time drinking and taking sound shots. It was the most dangerous time to be out.  Having said all that wolves  are a major problem for cattlemen.  In the Riggins area a lot of calves are being lost. The payment plan to reimburse cattlemen for their lose is not working. Some sort of controlled hunt is needed as a management tool.I now must go  check on a goat that is about to kid. What a beautiful day to be born.

Roger