[Vision2020] Senate Bill 1110 (Education - Pay for Performance)

Glenn Schwaller vpschwaller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 12:42:17 PST 2011

Hmmm - seems to me this is more of a case of the local districts,
along with students and parents being free of the "rear-ending" that
has been an ongoing problem ever since the once-useful teachers unions
became nothing more than a Democratic PAC.  Coupled with the
restoration of the instructional salary grid which was dismantled in
2009.  Now THAT was a pretty effective rear-ending.  And you say "it
ain't broke"?

Local control is a rear-ending?  Salary increase is a rear-ending?
Pay incentives is a rear ending?  Eliminating incompetence and
rewarding innovation is rear-ending?

I'll admit to not being totally in favor of the laptop idea.  Better
to follow the lead of the Clearwater FL idea of Kindles with internet
access and pre-loaded text books.  Now THERE is innovation!

GS