[Vision2020] Henry

Joe Campbell philosopher.joe at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 11:35:07 PDT 2011

One more thing about the "Hank" controversy. There was one article
that I read of Hank's which I liked: the one on gay marriage. In that
one, when he was speaking in favor of gay marriage and against
conservative restrictions, he was very respectful of the other side.
He didn't call them "idiots," for instance, like I would have. I guess
I'm only asking that he have that same level of respect for
alternative opinions when criticizing liberal and progressive
opinions.

One could say that the "humor" sells newspapers but I'm certain that
is incorrect in this area. I have not subscribed the the Daily News
for a year now and have only read about a months worth of papers in
the last few years. People told me it changed but whenever I look at
the Op Ed page it looks the same to me. If you wanted to sell more
papers in this area getting some local writers from the university
would help, seems to me.