[Vision2020] Henry

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 18:11:30 PDT 2011

On Thu, Jun 9, 2011 at 8:33 PM, roger hayes <rhayes at frontier.com> wrote:
"I struggle to use words such as racism,
sexism, ageism,  or homophilia stereotyping association with your
column, but unfortunately that's where your "humor" is leading."

I don' think this "humor," as you put it, is "leading" to stereotyping of
the magnitude that is involved in racism, sexism et. al.

 It is stereotyping of the magnitude associated with racists, sexists, et.
al.

Consider this fictional example for comparison, for an example of sexism
that reads similarly to Johnston's comment:
"It has been a long time since Moscow's women libbers burned their bras, put
on their army boots and grew out and showed their armpit and leg hair, to
rally their movement against male domination."

http://mailman.fsr.com/pipermail/vision2020/2011-June/076827.html

Moscow-Pullman Daily News - DNews.com
HIS VIEW: An issue of facts, not emotions

By Henry D. Johnston
June 7, 2011

"It has been a long time since Moscow's hippies have dug out their leather
vests, put on their Birkenstocks and readjusted their graying ponytails in
an effort to rally "the movement" against "the man.""
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett