[Vision2020] Henry

roger hayes rhayes at frontier.com
Thu Jun 9 20:33:18 PDT 2011

Henry,
I rather doubt that using the term "hippies," or even the ageist
perforative "aging hippies" angered or upset anyone reading your
opinion. It was, however, marginalizing by grouping and
generalization people's democratic right to express their opinion
about what happens in their town that is causing duress. Think about
it, no one uses your social sub-group as a reason your expression of
your  opinions should not be honored. This would be basis for more
horrible social outcomes. I struggle to use words such as racism,
sexism, ageism,  or homophilia stereotyping association with your
column, but unfortunately that's where your "humor" is leading.
Caution with stereotyping is advised.
On the upside, I have to say that I know you, admire you, and will
continue reading your column because I know you understand what the
root problem here is. And I do have a sense of humor. Keep writing
Henry!
Sincerely,
Roger Hayes
Moscow