[Vision2020] Pollyanna Wants to Know: Who's the Lying Sack of Sh*t?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 20 17:40:14 PDT 2011

On 07/20/2011 02:27 PM, Tom Hansen wrote:
> Paul Rumelhart stated:
>
> "Megaloads, whether they be "mini" megaloads, "toy" megaloads, or
> whatever are doing no discernible harm to Moscow that I can see,
> beyond some tree-trimming and a possible noise issue."
>
> I am certain that the people of Pierce and Weippe had similar thoughts
> . . . just before the lights went out.

That was a stupid mistake on their part.  I hope Pierce and Weippe sent
them the bill for it.

> Paul Rumelhart goes on to inquire:
>
> "So I can assume that a principled man like yourself will be lying
> down in the middle of the road the next time a megaload of any size
> that is destined for the tar sands project rolls through town, right?"
>
> Unless there exists a sufficiently large parking facility located in
> the vicinity of the Idaho side of Lookout Pass, this is (fortunately)
> not likely to occur within the foreseeable future with appreciable
> thanks to a district judge in Montana who is enforcing an injunction
> against the megaloads from entering Montana.
>
> http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_79672c4e-b26a-11e0-8434-001cc4c002e0.html

So now, instead of 200 megaloads going down Highway 12 and into another
state, we will presumably now have 400 minimegaloads soon to be driven
down the center of Moscow.  I can see how you'd be excited about that.

Paul