[Vision2020] Fwd: Climate & Science

Art Deco art.deco.studios at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 18:30:40 PDT 2011

You need to read this sentence again paying close attention to the bolded
word.:

"The essential point, however, is that once we have accepted the authority
of a particular scientific discipline, we cannot *consistently* reject its
conclusions."

Scientists can make mistakes, but such mistakes are generally
self-correcting in the long run.  Personal competition, competition for
recognition, and above all, competition for financial resources drive
scientists to carefully scrutinize other scientists' work.  Perhaps you've
never been in that environment, but it is not always pretty.

It takes a nearly blind person to dispute the reality of average temperature
increase worldwide over the last 140 years, the lost of ice mass worldwide,
and the rise of sea levels.  There may be several causes, but there is
strong evidence that human activity that generates carbon dioxide is a not
insignificant factor.

w.

--
Art Deco (Wayne A. Fox)