[Vision2020] Fwd: Climate & Science

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 16:49:48 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 4:00 PM, Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Also, it may be naive, but climate scientists should not be helping to make
> policy decisions.  They are not experts in the fields of foreign policy,
> disaster control, geo-engineering, or emergency preparedness.

This is so obviously false, again, you must be writing in jest, or as a
parody, or as bait for discussion...

When climate scientists are consulted by politicians regarding the levels of
reduction in atmospheric CO2 emissions that science indicates is required to
prevent a disastrous level of climate change, *they are helping to make
actual or potential policy decisions, and on this one issue, they are
experts on geo-engineering. * As NASA climate scientist James Hansen said,
and I paraphrase, we are already geo-engineering the climate, though
unwittingly, and any response humans undertake to modify this unintentional
geo-engineering, to lower atmospheric CO2 emissions, or sequester CO2 from
the atmosphere to lower atmospheric CO2 levels, etc. is deliberate
geo-engineering of the sort we have no choice but to undertake, to prevent
unwanted degrees of climate change.
Vision2020 Post: Ted Moffett