[Vision2020] Thought to Ponder

Sue Hovey suehovey at moscow.com
Mon Jul 4 11:03:43 PDT 2011

Chet, while often to the right of moderate, was very well aware what funding cuts would do to the poor and middle class in his district and his votes supported funding for domestic programs to help that group.  He always faced stiff opposition from wacko Republicans in Central Texas and his district had been gerrymandered when the Texas lege redrew the congressional map.  He managed to survive until last election and took a drubbing from a Tea Party stalwart with ties to Gov Rick Perry.

Sue H.