[Vision2020] Jus' When You Thought Things Couln't Get More Stupid . . .

Sunil Ramalingam sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 25 07:38:42 PST 2011

Tom,

I think you're using the wrong test for constitutional issues. One can lose constitutional rights without suffering a major economic loss; it doesn't make the loss less important to the person who believes his or her rights have been violated.

I'm not stating my opinion on Tribble's case. I'm also familiar enough with the megaloads case not to need to do more research on it to comment here. I'm NOT calling those plaintiffs chest-thumpers.

My point is that each case is important to the people who brought them. There are critics of the megaloads case who call them chest-thumpers. You can read their comments on LT megaloads stories, and you may have done so.

I don't think you'd agree with them. And I think you're wrong for being so dismissive of Tribble. Unless you know him and his reasons for bringing this suit, you're jumping to conclusions.

Sunil