[Vision2020] State Budget Deficits

Wayne Price bear at moscow.com
Tue Jan 4 14:57:49 PST 2011

Jeff,

I'll buy what you have to say, especially:

"I don't have the confidence that our elected officials are capable of
that kind of restraint.
We the people must impose that constraint on government!  Limit spending
- it is the only way to assure a return to fiscal responsibility
(sanity)."

BUT, we the people did elect a new city council, and they gave the
city employees a pay-raise,
while the tax base, mostly U of I and WSU employees  are  getting laid
off and furloughed, a double wammy!

You're right, the CURRENT elected officials can't be trusted in having
restraint.