[Vision2020] Fw: Vanishing of the Bees at the Kenworthy!

Andy Boyd moscowrecycling at turbonet.com
Tue Feb 15 14:06:35 PST 2011

Andy Boyd
Manager/Education Coordinator
Moscow Recycling
208 882 0590
----- Original Message -----
From: Matheison, Jeannie
To: Sustainability Center Information
Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 12:17 PM
Subject: Vanishing of the Bees at the Kenworthy!

KENWORTHY

PERFORMING ARTS CENTER

 Presents:

February 16th 7:00 PM

The Good Food Film Series Presents:

Vanishing of the Bees

View website

Honeybees have been mysteriously disappearing across the planet, literally vanishing from their hives. Known as Colony Collapse Disorder, this phenomenon has brought beekeepers to crisis in an industry responsible for producing apples, broccoli, watermelon, onions, cherries and a hundred other fruits and vegetables. Commercial honeybee operations pollinate crops that make up one out of every three bites of food on our tables. Vanishing of the Bees follows commercial beekeepers David Hackenberg and Dave Mendes as they strive to keep their bees healthy and fulfill pollination contracts across the U.S. The film explores the struggles they face as the two friends plead their case on Capital Hill and travel across the Pacific Ocean in the quest to protect their honeybees.

Tickets are $4 for Co-op Members and SNAP Recipients

$6 for General Admission

--
Carol Price Spurling
Outreach and Ownership Coordinator

Moscow Food Co-op
121 E. 5th St./PO Box 9485
Moscow, Idaho 83843

Cell 208.669.0763

Email is generally the best way to reach me. Thanks!