[Vision2020] Idaho GOP Responds to Hostile Attacks on Luna

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue Feb 15 14:19:10 PST 2011

Courtesy of a press release from the Idaho GOP

FOR RELEASE:

CONTACT: JONATHAN PARKER

February 15, 2011

TELEPHONE: (208) 343-6405

Idaho GOP Responds to Hostile Attacks on Luna

Boise, ID- Idaho Republican Party State Chairman Norm Semanko issued the
following statement in response to the recent incidents of harassment
toward Superintendent Luna:

“This is what happens when you step out and fight against the status quo.
As Idahoans we cannot let these scare tactics win,” said Semanko.

“The Students Come First plan has obviously touched a nerve and rightly
so. We know the opposition’s rhetoric and misinformation has gotten us to
this point today, and we cannot let these hostile tactics win in the end.
We must do what’s right for Idaho students.”

Over the weekend an angry teacher showed up at Luna’s mother’s home, last
night Luna’s truck was spray painted and his tires slashed, and there have
been multiple incidents of harassment in public venues.

“Up to this point, the vocal minority has been spreading their propaganda
without much resistance from the majority of Idahoans who support the
plan.  It’s time for that to change.  It’s time for Idahoans who care
about education to step up and take the time to express their support for
Governor Otter and Superintendent Luna’s plan through civil means: contact
their legislators, write letters to the editor, post on social media, and
talk to their family and friends.”

Seeya round town, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown