[Vision2020] A cover and an original by Sungha Jung (was:"You")

Kenneth Marcy kmmos1 at frontier.com
Tue Feb 15 15:12:23 PST 2011

On Tuesday 15 February 2011 13:40:08 Tom Hansen wrote:
> "You" by Roy Zimmerman for Melanie (Roy's significant other)
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suoH1DQuKls

As much as I appreciate the creativity and humor of Roy Zimmerman either from
his videos or from the CDs of his performances I have purchased, I must note
that the non-vocal, instrumental-only, performances of the following youngster
really are quite amazing. Here is a pair of examples.

I've well-spent many moments listening to the South Korean Sungha Jung, (born
2 September 1996), play finger-style acoustic guitar.

First is a cover performance of The Boxer, by Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel:
(posted 6 May 2008, at age 11)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MseYTD5XYDQ&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Second is an original composition by Sungha Jung, posted 25 January 2011,
titled The Day We Met:

http://www.youtube.com/user/jwcfree#p/u/13/KNBjxEmJrgQ

Sungha Jung has posted hundreds of cover performances and about a couple dozen
original compositions and performances. Explore his web site for details.

Ken