[Vision2020] 12 Shot, 1 Dead in Youngstown

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Feb 6 10:16:26 PST 2011

For all you do, this article's for you, Aaron Tribble.

Things that make you go, "Hmm."

Courtesy of WKBN-TV (Youngstown, Ohio) at:

http://www.wkbn.com/content/news/local/story/12-Shot-1-Dead-in-Youngstown/KxbmlFSiQUqlcZJRcL1wwQ.cspx

12 Shot, 1 Dead in Youngstown

One Youngstown State University student was killed and 11 other people
injured during an off-campus shooting early Sunday in Youngstown, Ohio.

It happened about 3 a.m. at 55 Indiana Ave. on the city's North Side.

Jamail Johnson, 25, was killed. Eleven others, including six YSU students,
were wounded and taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center.

Police are looking for the suspects, but YSU police Chief John Gocala said
there is not a threat to the campus. As a precaution, police presence on
campus has been increased.

YSU President Cynthia Anderson was at the hospital Sunday morning with
students and their families. Arrangements have been made to make
counselors and clergy available.

"I want to express my deepest sympathies to the family of the student who
died in this tragic act of violence and to ask everyone to keep him and
the other students in their thoughts and prayers," said Anderson.  "It is
a sad day for the YSU family."

At this time we do not know the conditions of the victims, or what
motivated the shootings.

Catcha on the flip-flop, Moscow.

and the Realist adjusts his sails."

- Unknown