[Vision2020] deluxe parking accommodations for some-paid for by others

Gary Crabtree jampot at roadrunner.com
Sat Feb 5 20:05:20 PST 2011

You are correct in that I do not want to eliminate all standards but, the standards should be the minimum required to maintain public safety. I would be slightly less vexed if the standards being altered WERE for the city and its amenities. The standards appear to be solely for private property and ITS amenities. As I have said before, if businesses and apartment owners are experiencing a problem or are losing revenue for the lack of posh bike parking they can deal with the problem in a manner that works for them and no government hand holding is required.

As for your other points, if they are as laudable as you claim why not allow all the communities taxpayers to share the joy in making the world so much better a place to live?
Why has the city not taken the initiative and upgraded the public racks to the new Cadillac standard? And last but far from least, why is the city micro managing private citizens expenditures when there are streets within blocks of many of the towns most major though fairs which aren't even paved yet? That’s hard on bike tires you know.