[Vision2020] deluxe parking accommodations for some-paid for by others

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 6 07:20:06 PST 2011

Businesses are required to pay for Disabled Parking and access if they are over a certain size. You cannot put a business out of business to put in an elevator, ramp, extra parking, or ADA bathroom or employ someone whose accommodations would shut down the business as well. A large parking lot is required to have a certain number of ADA parking spaces and they have to meet certain federal regulations otherwise that business can be sued. You cannot sue the government for ADA regulation violations for money, you can only force them to comply with the law and the feds can cut off federal funding to city, university, etc that isn't following the law. Co-AD can answer this in more detail.

Donovan Arnold