[Vision2020] PR - City to assess penalty fee for untagged garbage CORRECTED PHONE #

Craine Kit kcraine at frontier.com
Tue Dec 27 17:38:31 PST 2011

1. Why not require that everybody put their address on their can? That
way there would be no confusion as to which property owns the garbage.

2. Is there anything in the city's code that makes it illegal to leave
garbage on someone else's property? If not, the code should be revised.

3. Does the city have an enforcement process which identifies the
owner of anonymous bags/cans?

Every now and then, unknown persons put their garbage on my property.
If the city plans on charging me for something which is not mine, it
needs to be able to prove in a court that the charge is legitimate.

Kit Craine