[Vision2020] Fw: White Pine Plant Sale

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Dec 13 13:26:51 PST 2011

-----Original message-----

From: Whitepine chapter INPS whitepine.chapter at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:36:53 -0800
To: White Pine Chapter contacts whitepine.chapter at gmail.com
Subject: White Pine Plant Sale

Hi all

Sorry for the long delay in sending this second notice about a White Pine
chapter Plant Sale. The board did decide that there was enough interest in
holding a native plant sale in late May or early June.  We intend to start
small but we were very encouraged at the number of email responses to the
initial email - great ideas, many volunteering seeds, plants, plant
sitting, and work on the plant sale.

Plants will come from various sources.

1.       Pleasant Hill Farms has agreed to raise some plants from local
seed for us which we would purchase and then sell at the plant sale. These
would be first year plants primarily and probably some held from this year
and potted on.  We can include plants from other vendors if they are
interested.

2.       Native plants grown from seed by members and friends. If you want
to grow some from seed but don’t have seed, let us know as some seed is
available to plant.

3.       Transplanted plants from native gardens or divisions of native
perennials currently growing in local gardens.

4.       Out-of-area native plants from a limited area could be
accommodated if marked appropriately as many gardeners are willing to grow
these natives although the seed source is not strictly local.

5.       Other ideas?

Pots, trays and soil. A number of people have pots to recycle of various
sizes from small multicelled, 2”, 3”, 6”, etc. If you would like them for
growing from seed or transplanting, reply to nmiller at moscow.com at this
point. It’s possible the chapter could provide soil in some situations.

We may hold some work parties so let us know if you can participate or have
a place to work.

Sale "Extras" would be welcome. Cookies (?), photos of plants, reference
books, INPS literature, cultural and propagation instructions, etc. Used
gardening or native plant books you would like to donate for sale would be
welcome.

We would like your opinion on a Members-only sale night the evening before.
Many garden sales do this to give a perk to paid-up members, to allow
members to be helping visitors with their questions during the sale, and to
reduce the traffic a little.If you would be interested in purchasing plants
at a members-only sale and then possibly helping with the sale, let us know

Thanks
Nancy Miller

208-301-0560

nmiller at moscow.com